As an frequent tralveller, I well understand the needs of another travelers and citizens of the world in telecommunications ;) While ago I’ve decided to spent my free time building Roaming PBX solution.
What I am planning first:
- Raspberry Pi image (with possible OpenWRT solution too);
- Asterisk PBX;
- asterisk chan_dongle — an driver for Huawei USB modems, that handle two-way GSM calls;
- VPN to get it working in locations where VoIP is blocked;
- FreePBX GUI to manage dialplans;
- Asterisk2billing, preconfigured — to control expenses;
- Keep-alive scripts, monitoring
Update (19 March, 2013)
I have successfully created an image file based on standard raspbian. Currently busy working on cross-compiler.
Update #2 (6 May, 2013)
Download link, containing latest image: http://j.mp/tinypbx. Standard flashing instructions: gunzip .gz file, insert SD card, flash with Linux DD command… This site for example, describing flashing procedure well.